Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm baaaaaaack! :D


FINALLY, I got ahold of a new sewing machine (and I mean NEW - it was still in the foam stuff in the box). I was checking Craigslist last night for nearby tag sales this weekend and someone had listed a sewing machine in East Hartford. I woke up at 6am to get ready and drive out there for that baby and it was only $20! Sooooo goooood! I'm still getting used to it, but hey, it's doing what I need it to do (with or without me cussing at it for eating my thread all the time). And the picture above is a sneak peak of what I've completed tonight since being home from tag saling. I also finished up the stockings I had just barely started when my old machine bit the dust. So cute!

This is from a Tennessee Ridge Primitives pattern. The tags spell out "Old Witch". I know the stuffing is pretty pathetic right now because I don't have any Sweet Annie, but I will fill these puppies up some day, haha.


I also just won an auction for all of Tennesee Ridge Primitives' fall and Halloween patterns yesterday, so I'll have all sorts of goodies to keep me busy when I'm not in class. :D

I feel so much better now that I have the ability to craft again. Minutes turn into hours when I start making something, and I absolutely love being able to just improvise when I can't think of what to put where. Like the pumpkin's nose tonight. I knew I wanted a nose for him, I just had no idea what. Then I went to put the rusty bells on him and the kitty and it dawned on me, BELL NOSE! I love it, haha.

Anyways, it's been an 18 hour day of awesome, and I'm about to crash face first on my keyboard. I'm glad I could spend my last day off before classes the way I did. Thanks for stopping in and happy sewing. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment