Friday, September 10, 2010

Sooo many goodies! (Plus Fall pictures)

I went and splurged at Tessier's today first thing in the morning. It was kind of funny to see that I was one of at least 10-12 people who also showed up as soon as the store opened to take advantage of their sale, haha. Jerrie is so nice and that shop is so amazing! I wanted everything! I'm so happy with my purchases! Several items are some of those things where the more you look at them, the more you love them and the happier you are that you spent the money you shouldn't have spent, haha. Here is everything I got today: the framed stitchery (I don't know what they're actually called, haha), a cute grubby tea light, two grubby candle tapers still connected at the wick (I'd been wanting a pair for a long time), that long crate/basket, a new tissue box cover, 7 scoops of rosehips ($.75 per scoop! What a steal!), an old glass jar with rusty prim stars around the cork, an adorable mouse with a basket of nuts on his back, and my new Connecticut pillow. <3 <3



This pillow... The more I look at it, the more I love it. Anyone close to me could tell you that I have a strong, deep rooted love for my hometown and my homestate, so this pillow was pretty much made for me. <3


This is another piece I love more by the minute... "Clara 1811"


Oh my goodness, and this mouse! It's so adorable and so unique. It has rusty nails for legs, a rusty bell around its neck, and a super cute basket of moss, nuts, and a teeny tiny piece of homespun. I can't stop sniffing this poor guy, hahaha. He smells like the shop which smells like some cinnamon/banana nut/pumpkin spice/amazing combination that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.


Oh, so I ended up passing up that doll I was moaning about in my past post. I decided it would be wise not to bankrupt myself over it and that upon further inspection, I could live without it after all. Now I just need to craft my own army of prairie dolls to make up for it, haha.

I'm trying to talk myself out of going back tomorrow morning, but I make no promises, hahaha...

I can't believe how many leaves have already turned! My grandmother and great-grandmother live a down a half mile dirt road in the middle of the woods - it's amazing. I spent the majority of my childhood in that backyard or in that house. I lived there for six years before I came to this apartment, actually. Anyways, while I was driving down the driveway, I noticed that it seemed like half the forest was already bright yellow!

I took a few pictures from inside, looking out the sliding glass door into the back yard. That's my swing on the big tree to the right. That has been my special peaceful place since I can remember. I'm 22 now and I will never be too old for that swing.




Here's a few pictures of previous autumns near my grandmother's house. :)

The dirt road (Over the river and through the woods...)


To Grandmother's house I go. :)


More of the backyard.


My swing on the right again. <3


Anywhooooo, I guess now's a good time to go get crafting. I want to start making gifts for Ma (my 93 year old great-grandmother) and Gram (my grandmother). Ma absolutely loves cats and never quite got over the loss of her favorite kitty, Pooh. He was a beautiful, borderline snobby kitty with long, soft black hair and the biggest, prettiest tail you ever did see. One day, he got let outside and just never came back. Ma still blames herself for it and gets upset over losing him several years ago. So I want to make her a kitty...
As for the other project, Gram's birthday is actually on Halloween (how awesome is that?!), and she jokes around about being "witchy" (plus she's not always the most pleasant person in the world, so it seems fitting, haha), so I plan on making her some sort of witch for her birthday. I haven't started either project or sketched out a pattern to use, but I want them to be special. I'll have to think over some details to throw in, like a cute, worn out name tag for Pooh... I really want to make Ma smile. It's the little things in life.

2 comments:

  1. well I love the stuff you got at the store...and love that clara stitchery the best..love the photos of your grandmas place..love!!! the fall colors..i can't wait to see what you make the both of them..they will be thrilled..I know I would be.;) have a fantastic weekend..I look so forward to your posts..they always leave me smiling.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VEry pretty fall photos. Love the little mouse.

    D

    ReplyDelete