Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's almost that time again...

Soon, we'll be reaching for our favorite sweaters and smelling that beautiful familiar scent in the air as the leaves crunch beneath our shoes... I simply cannot wait. <3

Yes, I do still exist, and I do apologize for being absent pretty much since last fall/winter. I wonder if I'm just a seasonal blogger/crafter, heh. I did finally finish (I think) the turkey that Ma kept asking me about last year, albeit very late (or early?). Anyways, meet Gobbler, the fluffiest turkey you've ever known.


I'm still debating on whether or not to give him eyes. I'm afraid if I do, it'll make him goofy looking. I kind of like the vibe without eyes, but I haven't decided yet.



Just to give an update in case anyone was following me and read about the job I was excited about last winter... I left the job in the beginning of June because I simply couldn't deal with commission pay. At this point in my life, that career choice simply was not realistic. So I have been looking for something else since then. Several rejection letters and a whole lot of discouragement later, I'm still hoping. I was trying for the big insurance companies in Hartford, since it's the insurance capital of the world, but at this point, I just need SOMETHING. I'm slipping into credit card debt just paying my regular bills, and feel terrible for relying on my grandmother again. I'm even selling a bunch of my old clothes on ebay just to get a few bucks to put towards my card. But hey, as my grandmother says, "This too shall pass." She's very good to me. I wish it didn't take me until my adult years to finally appreciate her the way I do. Silly teenage angst.

Anywho, I hope you're all doing well. I see I lost a few of you in my hiatus, including Gina (sadface), but hopefully I will get myself to do a bit of crafting and blogging more often soon. I do check in from time to time, and I was so happy to see autumn prims popping up in your blogs even months ago, haha.

Enjoy these summer days. We'll be missing them when we're shoveling snow.

2 comments:

  1. Love the turkey!! Glad to see you back to crafting and blogging!! Are you still playing WOW? It is so time consuming, I know all about it I have played my fair share and still do once in a while. =P Hope all is well!! ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! And yes, I do still play WoW from time to time. My enthusiasm fades in and out, but my friend in Adaho actually pays for my account so it's still there as a temptation, haha...

    ReplyDelete