Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane? In Connecticut?

I knew there was a reason I don't normally watch the news. Dan Malloy (our governor) just came on to address the state about the impending weather conditions we will have this weekend and he's got me all freaked out now... Highways might close, we might lose power for days or weeks, and significant tree damage could occur. Oh, by the way, I live in the middle of the woods down a half mile dirt road. So yeah, now I feel like one of those people I usually kind of snicker at that runs to the store to buy tons of water and batteries. It seems pretty legitimate this time. So scary... I hope it just turns out to be a bad thunderstorm or something.

I mentioned that I had started a new doll in my last post, but I haven't done any more work to her, so I'll just post my little Annie as she is at the moment.


She's the first doll I've had enough fabric scraps to stuff with, so she's much heavier and more comfortable than any of the others I've made. I love her. I have plans for something else to put in her apron pocket, but I still want to do a little more... I'm just not sure what.

Anyways, I hope everyone else affected by Irene will be safe and well stocked. Get your pretty prim candles ready and take care of yourself and your family. Take care and stay safe, everyone. See you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. oh she is too cute..you can take old bed sheets and cut them up to make your rags..love thrift stores for that..hey I am having a fall giveaway..right up your alley sister..so come on over and sign up..we start playing on monday.:) I hope you stay safe and are well prepared..;0)

    ReplyDelete